Roll out another old chart from 2007
Chris Brown
2021-03-28 21:06:14 UTC
I barely even noticed Comic Relief this year but I presume if there had
been an official song somebody would have mentioned it. The days of the
same charity appeal claiming the top 2 chart positions seem long gone.
2007 also seems a bit of a last hurrah for alternative rock acts having
hit singles, and indeed for Nelly Furtado having hit singles.

Playlists are/will be here. Bit surprised the JoJo track isn't on
Spotify but it's not long till charity shops reopen.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7H2kjpc8DUcxD0A8EnniKC?si=9ijIC6XTRTqcua-BVwKbSg
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdiUvgvgpgNoWjnUTNkAps89lrS07Ojjp

Chart dated: 31st March 2007

1. (3) Proclaimers with Brian Potter & Andy Pipkin (I'm Gonna Be) 500
Miles
2. (1) Sugababes Vs Girls Aloud Walk This Way
3. (84) Avril Lavigne Girlfriend
4. (2) Gwen Stefani ft Akon The Sweet Escape
5. (18) Alex Gaudino ft Crystal Waters Destination Calabria
6. (5) The Fray How To Save A Life
7. (4) Take That Shine
8. (6) Kaiser Chiefs Ruby
9. (30) Maximo Park Our Velocity
10. (19) Fergie ft Ludacris Glamorous
11. (7) Mika Grace Kelly
12. (8) Justin Timberlake What Goes Around... Comes Around
13. (9) Camille Jones/ Fedde le Grande The Creeps
14. (11) Nelly Furtado Say It Right
15. (32) The Twang Wide Awake
16. (10) Calvin Harris Acceptable In The 80s
17. (14) P Diddy ft Keyshia Cole Last Night
18. (13) Gossip Standing In The Way of Control
19. (12) Kelis ft Cee Lo Lil Star
20. (16) Take That Patience
21. (22) Christina Aguilera
22. (21) Paolo Nutini New Shoes
23. (17) Akon ft Snoop Dogg I Wanna Love You
24. (15) Cascada Miracle
25. (59) Ghosts Stay The Night
26. (37) The Proclaimers I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
27. (26) The Killers Read My Mind
28. (29) Snow Patrol Chasing Cars
29. (60) Hilary Duff With Love
30. (20) Omarion Ice Box
31. (27) Just Jack Starz In Their Eyes
32. (23) Good Charlotte Keep Your Hands Off My Girl
33. (28) Fall Out Boy This Ain't A Scene It's An Arms Race
34. (35) P!nk Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)
35. (NE) Ciara Like A Boy
36. (NE) Tiny Dancers I Will Wait For You
37. (25) Lily Allen Alfie/Shame For You
38. (NE) Seamus Haji ft Kayjay Last Night A DJ Saved My Life
39. (24) The Fratellis Baby Fratelli
40. (33) Mason Perfect (Exceeder)

41. (NE) The Rumble Strips Alarm Clock
42. (NE) Brett Anderson Love Is Dead
43. (NE) Jamelia No More
44. (NE) Razorlight I Can't Stop This Feeling
45. (NE) Lemar Tick Tock
46. (43) The View Same Jeans
47. (NE) New Young Pony Club The Bomb
48. (48) Cascada Everytime We Touch
49. (46) Amy Winehouse Rehab
50. (49) Kings Of Leon On Call
51. (41) Booty Luv Boogie 2Nite
52. (39) Jojo Too Little Too Late
53. (31) Robbie Williams ft Pet Shop Boys She's Madonna
54. (53) Scissor Sisters I Don't Feel Like Dancin'
55. (52) The Fratellis Chelsea Dagger
56. (36) Biffy Clyro Saturday Superhouse
57. (47) Nelly Furtado All Good Things (Come To An End)
58. (55) Akon ft Eminem Smack That
59. (NE) Midas Don't Dance
60. (42) Sophie Ellis-Bextor Catch You
61. (NE) Scooch Flying The Flag For You
62. (44) Nathan Do Without My Love
63. (45) Scissor Sisters She's My Man
64. (62) Razorlight America
65. (61) Klaxons Golden Skans
66. (NE) My Chemical Romance I Don't Love You
67. (63) James Morrison Undiscovered
68. (72) The Arcade Fire Keep The Car Running
69. (40) Joss Stone Tell me 'Bout It
70. (66) Snow Patrol Open Your Eyes
71. (RE) Chris Cornell You Know My Name
72. (60) Enter Shikari Anything Can Happen In The Next Half Hour
73. (75) Mika Lollipop
74. (58) P Diddy ft Christina Aguilera Tell Me
75. (70) Beyoncé Irreplacable
76. (56) Junior Jack Dare Me (Stupidisco)
77. (43) Good Shoes Never Meant To Hurt You
78. (79) The Fratellis Whistle For The Choir
79. (64) Cascada Truly Madly Deeply
80. (74) Jay-Z & Linkin Park Numb-Encore
81. (38) The Rakes We Danced Together
82. (71) Justin Timberlake ft TI My Love
83. (69) Amy Winehouse You Know I'm No Good
84. (91) Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers Islands In The Stream
85. (82) Dolly Parton 9 To 5
86. (73) Justin Timberlake Sexyback
87. (92) Shakira ft Wyclef Jean Hips Don't Lie
88. (77) Fedde Le Grand Put Your Hands up For Detroit
89. (98) The Killers Mr Brightside
90. (82) The Feeling Love It When You Call
91. (89) Goo Goo Dolls Iris
92. (88) Nelly Furtado Maneater
93. (86) Levi Roots ft Jo-Anne Reggae Reggae Sauce Song (Proper Tings)
94. (RE) The Proclaimers Letter From America
95. (66) Regina Spektor Fidelity
96. (96) Nelly Furtado ft Timbaland Promiscuous
97.(100) Razorlight Before I Fall To Pieces
98. (85) Aerosmith I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
99. (51) Simply Red So Not Over You
100.(RE) The Killers When You Were Young

Chris
Vidcapper
2021-03-29 05:55:02 UTC
Post by Chris Brown
Chart dated: 31st March 2007
1. (3) Proclaimers with Brian Potter & Andy Pipkin (I'm Gonna Be)
500 Miles
2. (1) Sugababes Vs Girls Aloud Walk This Way
3. (84) Avril Lavigne Girlfriend
4. (2) Gwen Stefani ft Akon The Sweet Escape
6. (5) The Fray How To Save A Life
7. (4) Take That Shine
8. (6) Kaiser Chiefs Ruby
11. (7) Mika Grace Kelly
14. (11) Nelly Furtado Say It Right
16. (10) Calvin Harris Acceptable In The 80s
18. (13) Gossip Standing In The Way of Control
20. (16) Take That Patience
21. (22) Christina Aguilera
Which song?
Post by Chris Brown
24. (15) Cascada Miracle
[...]
Lots I remember here.
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
Chris Brown
2021-03-29 19:55:14 UTC
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Chris Brown
Chart dated: 31st March 2007
21. (22) Christina Aguilera
Which song?
Candyman.

Don’t say it too many times.
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Chris Brown
24. (15) Cascada Miracle
I’d forgotten that she sings “You cheated on me from behind” which seems like an excessive level of detail.
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Chris Brown
60. (42) Sophie Ellis-Bextor Catch You
Not on her recent best of album.
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Chris Brown
69. (40) Joss Stone Tell me 'Bout It
I’d completely forgotten this one until I heard it.
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Chris Brown
80. (74) Jay-Z & Linkin Park Numb-Encore
Lots I remember here.
I’m guessing you’ve included songs you remember but don’t like in this case.

Chris
Mark Goodge
2021-04-01 20:53:48 UTC
Post by Chris Brown
I barely even noticed Comic Relief this year but I presume if there had
been an official song somebody would have mentioned it. The days of the
same charity appeal claiming the top 2 chart positions seem long gone.
2007 also seems a bit of a last hurrah for alternative rock acts having
hit singles, and indeed for Nelly Furtado having hit singles.
Playlists are/will be here. Bit surprised the JoJo track isn't on
Spotify but it's not long till charity shops reopen.
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7H2kjpc8DUcxD0A8EnniKC?si=9ijIC6XTRTqcua-BVwKbSg
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdiUvgvgpgNoWjnUTNkAps89lrS07Ojjp
Chart dated: 31st March 2007
Hello. Have you missed me? I haven't done one of these for ages. I
decided it's about time I did.

2007 simultaneously seems like just yesterday and a world away. This is
from the time when I was working for a niche genre radio station and
getting most of my music via cable TV, so there's a lot in here that
simply passed me by. But there are a few that I remember very well from
the time.

I've seen five acts in this chart play live, but only one of them was a
headliner.
Post by Chris Brown
1. (3) Proclaimers with Brian Potter & Andy Pipkin (I'm Gonna Be) 500
Miles
It was OK, for what it was. Which wasn't much.
Post by Chris Brown
2. (1) Sugababes Vs Girls Aloud Walk This Way
I'd completely forgotten this. It suffers from the problem that neither
of the bands involved are either rappers or rock acts. Which therefore
completely misses the point of the original.
Post by Chris Brown
3. (84) Avril Lavigne Girlfriend
Avril channels Britney.
Post by Chris Brown
4. (2) Gwen Stefani ft Akon The Sweet Escape
Don't remember this.
Post by Chris Brown
5. (18) Alex Gaudino ft Crystal Waters Destination Calabria
Or this.
Post by Chris Brown
6. (5) The Fray How To Save A Life
Good song. One of my favourites from the time.
Post by Chris Brown
7. (4) Take That Shine
OKish.
Post by Chris Brown
8. (6) Kaiser Chiefs Ruby
Good song. The video is very reminiscent of SimCity, which is possibly
deliberate. This was something of a theme song for myself and my
colleagues at the time, for incredibly geeky reasons. There's a
programming language called Ruby, and a web development framework
utilising it that's called Ruby on Rails. So the hook of the song became
a catchphrase - "Ruby, Ruby, Ruby Ruby, o-o-o-o-on rails".
Post by Chris Brown
9. (30) Maximo Park Our Velocity
OK. Not great.
Post by Chris Brown
10. (19) Fergie ft Ludacris Glamorous
Meh.
Post by Chris Brown
11. (7) Mika Grace Kelly
Sort of a classic, if a song this recent can be a classic.
Post by Chris Brown
26. (37) The Proclaimers I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
This is a great song, of course, but it's only here because of Comic
Relief.
Post by Chris Brown
27. (26) The Killers Read My Mind
This is a great song, and earned its own place in the chart.
Post by Chris Brown
28. (29) Snow Patrol Chasing Cars
Also a great song, although possibly a little underrated at the time.
Post by Chris Brown
37. (25) Lily Allen Alfie/Shame For You
Amusing.
Post by Chris Brown
43. (NE) Jamelia No More
Interesting use of samples. Although all that really achieves is to
remind people just how great a song Golden Brown was.
Post by Chris Brown
49. (46) Amy Winehouse Rehab
Should've said yes, duck.
Post by Chris Brown
55. (52) The Fratellis Chelsea Dagger
Seems to have found its way onto many a gold playlist. I find it rather
irritating.
Post by Chris Brown
61. (NE) Scooch Flying The Flag For You
A predictable failure in Eurovision.
Post by Chris Brown
68. (72) The Arcade Fire Keep The Car Running
When did they stop being The Arcade Fire and become just Arcade Fire?
Post by Chris Brown
79. (64) Cascada Truly Madly Deeply
As dance remixes go, this goes reasonably well.
Post by Chris Brown
84. (91) Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers Islands In The Stream
85. (82) Dolly Parton 9 To 5
Why were these two charting here?
Post by Chris Brown
89. (98) The Killers Mr Brightside
Classic song.
Post by Chris Brown
91. (89) Goo Goo Dolls Iris
Was this just lingering in the charts for a decade, or had it re-entered
for some reason? It's a great song, either way.

Mark
Chris Brown
2021-04-03 21:01:54 UTC
Post by Mark Goodge
Post by Chris Brown
I barely even noticed Comic Relief this year but I presume if there had
been an official song somebody would have mentioned it. The days of the
same charity appeal claiming the top 2 chart positions seem long gone.
2007 also seems a bit of a last hurrah for alternative rock acts having
hit singles, and indeed for Nelly Furtado having hit singles.
Playlists are/will be here. Bit surprised the JoJo track isn't on
Spotify but it's not long till charity shops reopen.
Ghosts aren’t on there either. I bought their album in Poundland, not sure whether I still have it.
Post by Mark Goodge
Post by Chris Brown
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7H2kjpc8DUcxD0A8EnniKC?si=9ijIC6XTRTqcua-BVwKbSg
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdiUvgvgpgNoWjnUTNkAps89lrS07Ojjp
Chart dated: 31st March 2007
Hello. Have you missed me?
Yes.
Post by Mark Goodge
I haven't done one of these for ages. I
decided it's about time I did.
The more the merrier.
Post by Mark Goodge
2007 simultaneously seems like just yesterday and a world away.
Pretty much what I was thinking when I was going through it.
Of course it sounds even more different in the chart than in everyday life.
Post by Mark Goodge
This is
from the time when I was working for a niche genre radio station and
getting most of my music via cable TV, so there's a lot in here that
simply passed me by. But there are a few that I remember very well from
the time.
Very much office Radio 2 days.
Post by Chris Brown
1. (3) Proclaimers with Brian Potter & Andy Pipkin (I'm Gonna Be) 500
Miles
It was OK, for what it was. Which wasn't much.
Even ignoring that it’s based on a twenty-year-old song, it definitely seems like a thing from the time. I wonder how acceptable it would if it were newly made today.
Post by Mark Goodge
Post by Chris Brown
2. (1) Sugababes Vs Girls Aloud Walk This Way
I'd completely forgotten this. It suffers from the problem that neither
of the bands involved are either rappers or rock acts. Which therefore
completely misses the point of the original.
That’s definitely one of the problems with it. Or at least that they’re not acts in radically different styles. And in a similar way, the fact that it’s really a parody of the video loses a lot in sound-only.

If they’d waited a few more years they could have done Sugababes vs ex-Sugababes, that would at least have had a bit more impetus to it.
Post by Mark Goodge
Post by Chris Brown
3. (84) Avril Lavigne Girlfriend
Avril channels Britney.
Though in retrospect she seems to be stuck in this teenage character anyway.
Post by Mark Goodge
Post by Chris Brown
4. (2) Gwen Stefani ft Akon The Sweet Escape
Don't remember this.
Big radio hit (for certain markets I suppose) and rescued the album after the first single was a mis-step. Akon is only really a backing singer but presumably gets co-credit for his writing/production input.
Post by Mark Goodge
Post by Chris Brown
5. (18) Alex Gaudino ft Crystal Waters Destination Calabria
Or this.
Good dance tune.
Post by Mark Goodge
Post by Chris Brown
6. (5) The Fray How To Save A Life
Good song. One of my favourites from the time.
Not my thing at all.
Post by Mark Goodge
Post by Chris Brown
7. (4) Take That Shine
OKish.
I liked this a lot more than Patience.
Post by Mark Goodge
Post by Chris Brown
8. (6) Kaiser Chiefs Ruby
Good song.
Quite a slight song, even for a band not known for their epic ambitious compositions, but it does what it sets out to and it’s obvious why it was a hit.
Post by Mark Goodge
The video is very reminiscent of SimCity, which is possibly
deliberate. This was something of a theme song for myself and my
colleagues at the time, for incredibly geeky reasons. There's a
programming language called Ruby, and a web development framework
utilising it that's called Ruby on Rails. So the hook of the song became
a catchphrase - "Ruby, Ruby, Ruby Ruby, o-o-o-o-on rails".
Excellent injokery there.
Post by Mark Goodge
Post by Chris Brown
9. (30) Maximo Park Our Velocity
OK. Not great.
I bought all three formats of this single. It doesn’t sound quite as good now but I still stand by it.
Post by Mark Goodge
Post by Chris Brown
10. (19) Fergie ft Ludacris Glamorous
Meh.
I found this quite annoying. Though I found some of her others even more annoying.
Post by Mark Goodge
Post by Chris Brown
11. (7) Mika Grace Kelly
Sort of a classic, if a song this recent can be a classic.
It can be but I still don’t like it.
Post by Mark Goodge
Post by Chris Brown
26. (37) The Proclaimers I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
This is a great song, of course, but it's only here because of Comic
Relief.
It was never clear to what extent people were downloading this version intentionally, or mistaking it for the Comic Relief version. The fact that Letter From America was also charting suggests it’s not entirely the latter.
Post by Mark Goodge
Post by Chris Brown
27. (26) The Killers Read My Mind
This is a great song, and earned its own place in the chart.
The third single (from the album) that ultimately outperformed the second.
Post by Mark Goodge
Post by Chris Brown
37. (25) Lily Allen Alfie/Shame For You
Amusing.
Not sure which is funnier.
Post by Mark Goodge
Post by Chris Brown
43. (NE) Jamelia No More
Interesting use of samples. Although all that really achieves is to
remind people just how great a song Golden Brown was.
I think this is quite underrated but perhaps it was a mistake to release this after another song with a highly recognisable sample.
Post by Mark Goodge
Post by Chris Brown
49. (46) Amy Winehouse Rehab
Should've said yes, duck.
Interesting in retrospect that it’s about drink rather than other substances.
Post by Mark Goodge
Post by Chris Brown
55. (52) The Fratellis Chelsea Dagger
Seems to have found its way onto many a gold playlist. I find it rather
irritating.
Too laddish for my liking.
Post by Mark Goodge
Post by Chris Brown
61. (NE) Scooch Flying The Flag For You
A predictable failure in Eurovision.
The innuendo didn’t go down well.
Post by Mark Goodge
Post by Chris Brown
68. (72) The Arcade Fire Keep The Car Running
When did they stop being The Arcade Fire and become just Arcade Fire?
Good question. Apparently there’s no article on the single cover but I don’t think I’ve ever seen one in real life. No label credit either, I presume they were embarrassed about being on a major.
Post by Mark Goodge
Post by Chris Brown
84. (91) Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers Islands In The Stream
85. (82) Dolly Parton 9 To 5
Why were these two charting here?
Presumably discounted on iTunes.
Post by Mark Goodge
Post by Chris Brown
89. (98) The Killers Mr Brightside
Classic song.
Now five years on the chart.
Post by Mark Goodge
Post by Chris Brown
91. (89) Goo Goo Dolls Iris
Was this just lingering in the charts for a decade, or had it re-entered
for some reason?
It hadn’t been eligible most of the time, but it was enough of a trickle seller that Rohan Keating eventually had a hit with it in 2006 and prompted the Goo Goo Dolls to reissue it as a double A side with an unrelated single.