Fortunately this 1992 chart is not a contact sport
Chris Brown
2021-04-11 21:37:36 UTC
Put this one in the schedule a while ago after hearing that Mark Keds of
the Senseless Things had died earlier this year. They're one of several
pre-Britpop indie acts in this chart, nearly all of whose careers were
to take a tumble in the next couple of years (thanks in part to one of
the ones who didn't).
That said, I think the dominant genre in this chart is probably dance.
Plenty of already-veteran acts too.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6TXYnB6hwj2bMSEbJ7e3SJ?si=DCZMfWulTE6HysEZHFGV0g
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdiUvgvgpgNob9xDx2TQsdACWzWAG6h_x

Chart dated: 18th April 1992

1. (2) Right Said Fred Deeply Dippy
2. (1) Shakespears Sister Stay
3. (8) Vanessa Williams Save The Best For Last
4. (3) Mr Big To Be With You
5. (4) Soul II Soul Joy
6. (10) Altern 8 Evapor-8
7. (NE) SL2 On A Ragga Tip
8. (6) Ce Ce Peniston Finally {1992}
9. (15) Curtis Stigers You're All That Matters To Me
10. (17) ZZ Top Viva Las Vegas
11. (5) Annie Lennox Why
12. (18) Ten Sharp You
13. (13) Kym Sims Take My Advice
14. (NE) The Wedding Present Silver Shorts
15. (7) Def Leppard Let's Get Rocked
16. (9) Mr Bean And The Smear Campaign with Bruce Dickinson (I Want To
Be) Elected
17. (16) Praga Khan ft Jade 4 U Free Your Body/Injected With A Poison
18. (11) Erasure Breath of Life
19. (14) Lisa Stansfield Time To Make You Mine
20. (NE) Mariah Carey Make It Happen
21. (35) Swing Out Sister Am I The Same Girl?
22. (NE) The Brand New Heavies Ultimate Trunk Funk - The EP
[Never Stop; Stay This Way; Mr. Tanaka]
23. (12) Eric Clapton Tears In Heaven
24. (NE) Genesis Hold On My Heart
25. (19) Senseless Things Hold It Down
26. (34) L7 Pretend We're Dead
27. (NE) Pearl Jam Even Flow
28. (20) The Pasadenas Make It With You
29. (22) Inner City Hallelujah '92
30. (31) Chris De Burgh Separate Tables
31. (NE) Digital Orgasm Startouchers
32. (NE) Cher Could've Been You
33. (42) XTC The Disappointed
34. (36) Love Decade I Feel You
35. (NE) The Catherine Wheel I Want To Touch You
36. (30) Soundgarden Jesus Christ Pose
37. (23) Hammer Do Not Pass Me By
38. (24) Salt-N-Pepa Expression {1992 remix}
39. (NE) M People ft Heather Small Someday
40. (21) Shanice I Love Your Smile {1992 remix}

41. (26) Crowded House Weather With You
42. (25) Prince And The New Power Generation Money Don't Matter 2 Night
43. (28) Liquid Sweet Harmony (EP)
44. (41) Dinah Washington Mad About The Boy
45. (NE) Anticappella Every Day
46. (NE) Cicero That Loving Feeling
47. (37) Roxette Church of Your Heart
48. (NE) Rod Stewart Your Song/Broken Arrow
49. (48) Blame Music Moves You
50. (59) Jody Watley I'm The One You Need
51. (33) The Stone Roses I Am The Resurrection
52. (40) Howard Jones Lift Me Up
53. (62) The Soup Dragons Divine Thing
54. (29) The Temptations My Girl {1992 reissue}
55. (NE) Level 42 My Father's Shoes
56. (32) Blur Popscene
57. (55) Public Enemy Nighttrain
58. (45) Frankie Miller Caledonia
59. (NE) JT Taylor Follow Me
60. (NE) Manic I'm Comin' Hardcore
61. (47) Beastie Boys Pass The Mic
62. (46) The Lightning Seeds The Life Of Riley
63. (NE) Tevin Campbell Tell Me What You Want Me To Do
64. (38) Love/Hate Wasted In America
65. (50) Shawn Christopher Don't Lose The Magic
66. (51) Bruce Springsteen Human Touch
67. (NE) Army Of Lovers Ride The Bullet
68. (40) Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers Too Good To Be True
69. (NE) The Breeders Safari (EP)
[Do You Love Me Now?; Don't Call Home; Safari; So Sad About Us]
70. (NE) Keni Burke Risin' To The Top {1992 remix}
71. (60) Wet Wet Wet More Than Love
72. (69) En Vogue My Lovin'
73. (63) Geoffrey Williams It's Not A Love Thing
74. (49) KLF America: What Time Is Love?
75. (39) Manic Street Preachers Slash N' Burn

Chris
Vidcapper
2021-04-12 05:58:14 UTC
Post by Chris Brown
Chart dated: 18th April 1992
2. (1) Shakespears Sister Stay
8. (6) Ce Ce Peniston Finally {1992}
11. (5) Annie Lennox Why
41. (26) Crowded House Weather With You
54. (29) The Temptations My Girl {1992 reissue}
Surprised I even know this many from a 1992 chart...
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
Mark Goodge
2021-04-16 19:05:06 UTC
Post by Chris Brown
Put this one in the schedule a while ago after hearing that Mark Keds of
the Senseless Things had died earlier this year. They're one of several
pre-Britpop indie acts in this chart, nearly all of whose careers were
to take a tumble in the next couple of years (thanks in part to one of
the ones who didn't).
That said, I think the dominant genre in this chart is probably dance.
Plenty of already-veteran acts too.
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6TXYnB6hwj2bMSEbJ7e3SJ?si=DCZMfWulTE6HysEZHFGV0g
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdiUvgvgpgNob9xDx2TQsdACWzWAG6h_x
Chart dated: 18th April 1992
I don't really remember much of this from the time. In theory I ought
to, given that where I was working at the time we generally had the
radio on all day. But, somehow, most of it seems to have just gone over
my head. And I wasn't listening to the radio much when not at work,
mainly because I spent relatively little time in the car - I was
commuting to work by train, so the only driving was for shopping and
visiting friends, and they were generally short trips. I watched TotP
whenever possible, but even that was a maximum of every other week as I
was working shifts at the time. So, although I was following music at
the time - this isn't part of one of my blank periods - a lot of it
seems to have passed me by.
Post by Chris Brown
1. (2) Right Said Fred Deeply Dippy
I do remember this, though, And I remember that I wasn't impressed by it
at the time. Which is probabky because it was crap.
Post by Chris Brown
2. (1) Shakespears Sister Stay
This, on the other hand, is a classic of the era - possibly an all-time
classic - and another that I remember very well from the time.
Post by Chris Brown
3. (8) Vanessa Williams Save The Best For Last
Bland. I would say unmemorable, if it were not for the fact that I do
actually remember it.
Post by Chris Brown
4. (3) Mr Big To Be With You
I'd forgotten that I remember this.
Post by Chris Brown
5. (4) Soul II Soul Joy
I don't remember this. Even listening to it now doesn't ring any bells.
Post by Chris Brown
6. (10) Altern 8 Evapor-8
Ditto this.
Post by Chris Brown
7. (NE) SL2 On A Ragga Tip
And this.
Post by Chris Brown
8. (6) Ce Ce Peniston Finally {1992}
I do remember this, though. I quite liked it at the time.
Post by Chris Brown
9. (15) Curtis Stigers You're All That Matters To Me
Vaguely remember this.
Post by Chris Brown
10. (17) ZZ Top Viva Las Vegas
And this.
Post by Chris Brown
11. (5) Annie Lennox Why
This is another that I definitely remember, and remember liking.
Post by Chris Brown
16. (9) Mr Bean And The Smear Campaign with Bruce Dickinson (I Want To
Be) Elected
I don't remember this from the time, but my attention was recently drawn
to it on social media as it's relevant to the current local election
campaigns.
Post by Chris Brown
41. (26) Crowded House Weather With You
Recently on the Absolute Radio iPod.
Post by Chris Brown
51. (33) The Stone Roses I Am The Resurrection
Great song. Which I don't remember at all from the time.

It's a very cleverly written song, with the way that the bridge
repeatedly lifts into what you expect to be the chorus, only for it to
the chorus - right at the end of the song - the impact is even greater.
Post by Chris Brown
62. (46) The Lightning Seeds The Life Of Riley
Good song. But another that I don't remember from the time.
Post by Chris Brown
74. (49) KLF America: What Time Is Love?
Not the best version of this particular song.

Mark