Mids 23 Nov
Chris Brown
2020-11-23 21:44:38 UTC
Seem to be a lot of live albums this week.

Missing Data: Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube (all for Sunday)

Top 100 Singles

1 Ariana Grande - positions (14.5k)
2 Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am (11.6k)
3 Little Mix - Sweet Melody (11.5k)
4 BTS - Life Goes On (11.1k) *
5 Miley Cyrus - Midnight Sky (10.2k)

6-10
6 Dua Lipa feat. DaBaby - Levitating
9 Miley Cyrus feat. Dua Lipa - Prisoner *
10 Shawn Mendes & Justin Bieber - Monster *

11-20
12 Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas Is You
13 Sam Smith - Diamonds
16 Ariana Grande - 34+35
18 The Pogues feat. Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale of New York ^
19 Wham! - Last Christmas ^
20 CJ - Whoopty

21-30
24 Shane Codd - Get Out My Head
27 Harry Styles - Golden
29 Justin Bieber - Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree *

31-40
31 Shakin' Stevens - Merry Christmas Everyone ^
32 Post Malone & Swae Lee - Sunflower ^
34 BTS - Dynamite ^
35 The Weeknd - Blinding Lights
36 Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas? ^
37 Jess Glynne - This Christmas *
38 Michael Bublé - It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas ^
39 BTS - Blue & Grey *
40 Elton John - Step Into Christmas *

Top 100 Albums

1 Michael Ball & Alfie Boe - Together at Christmas (22.7k) *
2 BTS - BE (15.0k) *
3 Taylor Swift - folklore (9.5k)
4 AC/DC - Power Up (8.2k)
5 Iron Maiden - Nights of the Dead, Legacy of the Beast: Live in Mexico
(8.0k) *

6-10
6 Neil Diamond & LSO - Classic Diamonds *
7 Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound of Thunder ^
8 Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Idiot Prayer: Nick Cave Alone at Alexandra
Palace *

11-20
12 The Cribs - Night Network *
13 Josh Groban - Harmony *
14 Tim Minchin - Apart Together *
17 Coldplay - Parachutes ^

21-30
21 The Kanneh-Masons, Michael Morpurgo & Olivia Colman - Carnival *
23 Jamie Cullum - The Pianoman at Christmas *

31-40
31 Elvis Presley - From Elvis in Nashville *
36 David Bowie - No Trendy Rechauffe: Live Birmingham 95 *
40 Loski - Music, Trial & Trauma: A Drill Story *

42 Megan Thee Stallion - Good News
43 UFO - Strangers In The Night Live

46 War On Drugs - Live Drugs

57 Dr Hook - Gold

64 Chris Rea - Era 1

70 Killer Be Killed - Reluctant Hero

74 Jimi Hendrix Experience - Live In Maui
Vidcapper
2020-11-24 07:00:34 UTC
Post by Chris Brown
Seem to be a lot of live albums this week.
And lots of Xmas songs charting earlier than usual!
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
Chris Brown
2020-11-25 00:04:08 UTC
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Chris Brown
Seem to be a lot of live albums this week.
And lots of Xmas songs charting earlier than usual!
I guess I can sort of understand why people might be reaching for them a
bit earlier this year.
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Chris Brown
Top 100 Singles
11-20
12 Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas Is You
18 The Pogues feat. Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale of New York ^
Pogues and Mariah were 16 & 17 respectively on the First Look, which
seems to indicate Pogues were doing better on downloads.
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Chris Brown
29 Justin Bieber - Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree *
This is an Amazon exclusive this year.
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Chris Brown
37 Jess Glynne - This Christmas *
...And so is this.
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Chris Brown
38 Michael Bublé - It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas ^
No it isn't Michael, it's November.

Unsurprisingly the Top 100 also includes Kelly Clarkson, Chris Rea,
Wizzard, Brenda Lee, Slade, John & Yoko, Andy Williams, Paul McCartney,
Bobby Helms and another Buble track. Plus Ariana Grande would be in
there if she didn't have three tracks from er new album in the chart.
There are also two songs called 'Holiday' but I think that's a coincidence.

Chris
Vidcapper
2020-11-25 06:43:33 UTC
Post by Chris Brown
Unsurprisingly the Top 100 also includes Kelly Clarkson, Chris Rea,
Wizzard, Brenda Lee, Slade, John & Yoko, Andy Williams, Paul McCartney,
Bobby Helms and another Buble track. Plus Ariana Grande would be in
there if she didn't have three tracks from er new album in the chart.
I thought the ban only applied to songs from one album?
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
Robbie
2020-11-25 15:26:22 UTC
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Chris Brown
Unsurprisingly the Top 100 also includes Kelly Clarkson, Chris Rea,
Wizzard, Brenda Lee, Slade, John & Yoko, Andy Williams, Paul McCartney,
Bobby Helms and another Buble track. Plus Ariana Grande would be in
there if she didn't have three tracks from er new album in the chart.
I thought the ban only applied to songs from one album?
It's per main artist, not per album. 'Santa Tell Me' would be top 40 if
not excluded. It may well chart next week though.
Vidcapper
2020-11-26 06:55:29 UTC
Post by Robbie
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Chris Brown
Unsurprisingly the Top 100 also includes Kelly Clarkson, Chris Rea,
Wizzard, Brenda Lee, Slade, John & Yoko, Andy Williams, Paul McCartney,
Bobby Helms and another Buble track. Plus Ariana Grande would be in
there if she didn't have three tracks from er new album in the chart.
I thought the ban only applied to songs from one album?
It's per main artist, not per album. 'Santa Tell Me' would be top 40 if
not excluded. It may well chart next week though.
Has that rule changed since it was originally written?
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
Robbie
2020-11-27 09:00:23 UTC
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Robbie
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Chris Brown
Unsurprisingly the Top 100 also includes Kelly Clarkson, Chris Rea,
Wizzard, Brenda Lee, Slade, John & Yoko, Andy Williams, Paul McCartney,
Bobby Helms and another Buble track. Plus Ariana Grande would be in
there if she didn't have three tracks from er new album in the chart.
I thought the ban only applied to songs from one album?
It's per main artist, not per album. 'Santa Tell Me' would be top 40 if
not excluded. It may well chart next week though.
Has that rule changed since it was originally written?
No, it's the same. I think it may be because when it was first
introduced there was an assumption by some posters at Haven and BuzzJack
that the rule would apply per album given it was introduced after Ed
Sheeran had flooded the singles chart with all the tracks from his album
Divide when it was first released.
Chris Brown
2020-12-02 21:16:53 UTC
Post by Robbie
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Robbie
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Chris Brown
Unsurprisingly the Top 100 also includes Kelly Clarkson, Chris Rea,
Wizzard, Brenda Lee, Slade, John & Yoko, Andy Williams, Paul McCartney,
Bobby Helms and another Buble track. Plus Ariana Grande would be in
there if she didn't have three tracks from er new album in the chart.
I thought the ban only applied to songs from one album?
It's per main artist, not per album. 'Santa Tell Me' would be top 40 if
not excluded. It may well chart next week though.
Has that rule changed since it was originally written?
No, it's the same. I think it may be because when it was first
introduced there was an assumption by some posters at Haven and BuzzJack
that the rule would apply per album given it was introduced after Ed
Sheeran had flooded the singles chart with all the tracks from his album
Divide when it was first released.
I'm not sure whether it was officially explained why they didn't go
per-album. But I suppose it could have been circumvented by releasing
multiple albums simultaneously or in close succession.

Chris
Robbie
2020-12-03 00:08:48 UTC
Post by Chris Brown
Post by Robbie
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Robbie
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Chris Brown
[...]
Perhaps the OCC (well, technically the Chart Supervisory Committee who
draw up the rules for the OCC to enforce) thought it would make the rule
easy to enforce.
    Chris
Chris Brown
2020-12-04 18:38:33 UTC
Post by Robbie
Post by Chris Brown
Post by Robbie
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Robbie
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Chris Brown
[...]
Yeah, that's probably it. And probably why they base it on the lead
artist as well.

Chris