I must admit I was a clown to post this old chart from 1994
Chris Brown
2017-11-12 12:57:38 UTC
As you'll know, I often like to find charts that feature major acts
recently deceased acts. I've reluctantly been unable to feature Fats
Domino as his last hit was in 1963, but Tom Petty manages to seak in
with one of his few Top 100 appearances so I'm featuring 1984 a few
weeks earlier than I'd originally intended. This month is also the fifth
anniversary of another singer's death and the 20th of yet another.

In more positive topicality, there's a track on its way out of the chart
by an act who released what looks to be a successful comeback album this
week. And there's a another song with a video filmed on Watford High
Street, where I'm spending a lot of my lunch breaks these days.

On the other hand, there's a record by Jet from Gladiators so you won't
forget it's from the 1990s.

Playlists are here. One of the tracks was only added to Spotify two days
ago.
https://open.spotify.com/user/nowthats/playlist/3jWqm6mhv7p00r4MCnRKqF
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdiUvgvgpgNphym_Pl772YtNJeqmMhHT0

Chart dated: 19th November 1994

1. (1) Pato Banton Baby Come Back
2. (7) (MC Sar And) The Real McCoy Another Night {1994}
3. (NE) Baby D Let Me Be Your Fantasy
4. (2) Bon Jovi Always
5. (8) Sheryl Crow All I Wanna Do
6. (4) Eternal Oh Baby I...
7. (3) R Kelly She's Got That Vibe
8. (NE) M People Sight For Sore Eyes
9. (NE) New Order True Faith '94
10. (5) Whigfield Saturday Night
11. (6) Michelle Gayle Sweetness
12. (NE) Louis Armstrong We Have All The Time In The World
13. (11) Tom Jones If I Only Knew
14. (12) Warren G This DJ
15. (10) Ultimate Kaos Some Girls
16. (9) Snap! Welcome To Tomorrow ft Summer
17. (NE) Jamiroquai Half The Man
18. (NE) Suede The Wild Ones
19. (NE) Blur End Of A Century
20. (14) The Beautiful South One Last Love Song
21. (13) Cyndi Lauper Hey Now (Girls Just Want To Have Fun)
22. (16) Elton John Circle Of Life
23. (20) China Black Stars
24. (19) Salt-N-Pepa None Of Your Business
25. (18) Lisa Loeb And Nine Stories Stay (I Missed You)
26. (NE) Kate Bush And So Is Love
27. (17) Sting When We Dance
28. (30) Celine Dion Think Twice
29. (15) REM Bang And Blame
30. (NE) Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine Let's Get Tattoos
31. (NE) Spirits Don't Bring Me Down
32. (21) Donna Summer Melody Of Love (Wanna Be Loved)
33. (28) Chris Rea You Can Go Your Own Way
34. (22) Madonna Secret
35. (NE) KWS The More I Get, The More I Want ft Teddy Pendergrass
36. (23) Rozalla You Never Love The Same Way Twice
37. (NE) Urge Overkill Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon
38. (NE) Billie Ray Martin Your Loving Arms
39. (25) Corona The Rhythm Of The Night
40. (NE) Mike Twangling Three Fingers In A Box
41. (27) Sean Maguire Take This Time
42. (29) Aerosmith Crazy/Blind Man
43. (24) The Saw Doctors Small Bit Of Love
44. (31) Take That Sure
45. (26) The Brand New Heavies Spend Some Time
46. (35) Moist Push
47. (NE) Electrafixion Zephyr
48. (42) Edwyn Collins Expressly EP
[A Girl Like You]
49. (NE) All-4-One So Much In Love {1994 Re-Mix}
50. (NE) Clubzone Hands Up
51. (34) Let Loose Seventeen {1994 Re-Mix}
52. (47) Wet Wet Wet Love Is All Around
53. (32) House Of Pain It Ain't A Crime
54. (32) Terrorvision Alice What's The Matter?
55. (NE) Bill Tarmey IOU
56. (38) Gloria Estefan Turn The Beat Around
57. (NE) Westbam Bam Bam Bam
58. (44) Oasis Cigarettes And Alcohol
59. (49) Boyz II Men I'll Make Love To You
60. (NE) Black Sheep Without A Doubt
61. (40) Blast Princes Of The Night ft VDC
62. (58) Luther Vandross And Mariah Carey Endless Love
63. (33) Shed Seven Ocean Pie
64. (41) East 17 Steam
65. (54) Terry Hall Sense
66. (43) INXS The Strangest Party (These Are The Times)
67. (57) Craig Mack Flava In Ya Ear
68. (68) Big Audio Looking For A Song
69. (NE) Finitribe Brand New
70. (36) Gene Sleep Well Tonight
71. (66) Sandie Shaw Nothing Less Than Brilliant
72. (39) Paul Weller Out Of The Sinking
73. (45) Massive Attack Sly
74. (46) Cappella Move It Up/Big Beat
75. (56) PJ And Duncan If I Give You My Number

76. (NE) Barrington Levi & Beenie Man Under Mi Sensi
77. (NE) Good Fello's Do What "U" Like
78. (NE) Global Communication Maiden Voyage
79. (RE) Kariya Let Me Love For Tonight
80. (NE) Congress Happy Smiling Faces
81. (51) Kim Appleby Free Spirit
82. (65) Joshua Kadison Beautiful In My Eyes
83. (RE) Tinman Eighteen Strings
84. (93) Warren G & Nate Dogg Regulate
85. (99) Livin' Joy Dreamer
86. (92) Red Dragon With Brian & Tony Gold Compliments On Your Kiss
87. (100) Shampoo Trouble
88. (NE) S*M*A*S*H Barrabas (Piloted)
89. (NE) Total Devastation Wonderful World Of Skins
90. (NE) Earthling 1st Transmission
91. (NE) Tom Petty You Don't Know How It Feels
92. (91) Suede We Are The Pigs
93. (RE) Bad Boys Inc. Love Here I Come (Remix)
94. (NE) Abigail Don't You Wanna Know?
95. (70) Stereolab Wow And Flutter
96. (RE) Sean Maguire Someone To Love
97. (RE) Eternal So Good
98. (67) DJ Disciple On The Floor
99. (NE) Out Of My Hair Heart's Desire
100. (NE) Diane Youdale I Don't Know
Vidcapper
2017-11-12 16:33:35 UTC
Post by Chris Brown
Chart dated: 19th November 1994
4. (2) Bon Jovi Always
5. (8) Sheryl Crow All I Wanna Do
10. (5) Whigfield Saturday Night
12. (NE) Louis Armstrong We Have All The Time In The World
39. (25) Corona The Rhythm Of The Night
48. (42) Edwyn Collins Expressly EP
[A Girl Like You]
52. (47) Wet Wet Wet Love Is All Around
Not surprisingly, very few I recall offhand.
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
Chris Brown
2017-11-12 18:58:57 UTC
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Chris Brown
Chart dated: 19th November 1994
4. (2) Bon Jovi Always
5. (8) Sheryl Crow All I Wanna Do
10. (5) Whigfield Saturday Night
12. (NE) Louis Armstrong We Have All The Time In The World
39. (25) Corona The Rhythm Of The Night
48. (42) Edwyn Collins Expressly EP
[A Girl Like You]
52. (47) Wet Wet Wet Love Is All Around
Not surprisingly, very few I recall offhand.
Bit more than I expected, actually. Especially Bon Jovi.

Chris
Col
2017-11-12 17:16:16 UTC
Post by Chris Brown
Chart dated: 19th November 1994
Very surprised at how few I know from this chart, even from the higher
echelons.
I lost interest in the charts in the late 90s so I guess this wasn't a
particularly memorable one.
Post by Chris Brown
1.     (1)    Pato Banton    Baby Come Back
A good cover that doesn't take itself too seriously.
Bring back my CD collection!
Post by Chris Brown
4.     (2)    Bon Jovi    Always
Dull, dreary, soft rock type stuff.
Post by Chris Brown
5.     (8)    Sheryl Crow    All I Wanna Do
Absolutely fantastic track, by far the best in this chart.
Post by Chris Brown
9.    (NE)    New Order    True Faith '94
Great track but I don't recall this version.
Post by Chris Brown
10.     (5)    Whigfield    Saturday Night
Love it!
Post by Chris Brown
12.    (NE)    Louis Armstrong    We Have All The Time In The World
From an ad.
Guinness?
Post by Chris Brown
13.    (11)    Tom Jones    If I Only Knew
Ah, the irrepressible Tom Jones.
Post by Chris Brown
28.    (30)    Celine Dion    Think Twice
Reasonable ballad but not really my thing.

Col
Chris Brown
2017-11-12 19:34:35 UTC
Post by Chris Brown
1. (1) Pato Banton Baby Come Back
A good cover that doesn't take itself too seriously.
Bring back my CD collection!
...of Bob Marley. He doesn't seem so bothered about the rest of it.
Post by Col
Post by Chris Brown
4. (2) Bon Jovi Always
Dull, dreary, soft rock type stuff.
And yet one of their biggest hits.
Post by Col
Post by Chris Brown
5. (8) Sheryl Crow All I Wanna Do
Absolutely fantastic track, by far the best in this chart.
I liked it at the time but I got really sick of it by about 1996. This
didn't put me off the rest of her work.
Post by Col
Post by Chris Brown
9. (NE) New Order True Faith '94
Great track but I don't recall this version.
It's not radically different, just a slightly updated remix.
Radio 2 always used to play this versions, presumably they didn't have
the radio edit of the original in their system.
Post by Col
Post by Chris Brown
10. (5) Whigfield Saturday Night
Love it!
Hard to forget.
Post by Col
Post by Chris Brown
12. (NE) Louis Armstrong We Have All The Time In The World
From an ad.
Guinness?
Yep. Although obviously not originally recorded for that purpose.
Post by Col
Post by Chris Brown
13. (11) Tom Jones If I Only Knew
Ah, the irrepressible Tom Jones.
The biggest hit he had between 1987 and 1999, IIRC.
Post by Col
Post by Chris Brown
28. (30) Celine Dion Think Twice
Reasonable ballad but not really my thing.
Not entirely my thing either, but I can appreciate it more than most of
her work.

Chris
James Heaton

James
Robbie
2017-11-14 14:54:33 UTC
Post by James Heaton
Post by Col
Post by Chris Brown
12. (NE) Louis Armstrong We Have All The Time In The World
From an ad.
Guinness?
Yup. http://youtu.be/6deYNEFi1lc
I have no recollection of that Guinness advert though I knew the track
was featured on some TV advert. For some reason I thought Guinness were
using Prez Prado's 'Guaglione' in late 1994 (the famous "dancing man"
advert).
Post by James Heaton
James
--
------
Robbie
James Heaton
2017-11-14 18:44:01 UTC
Post by James Heaton
Post by Col
Post by Chris Brown
12. (NE) Louis Armstrong We Have All The Time In The World
From an ad.
Guinness?
Yup. http://youtu.be/6deYNEFi1lc
I have no recollection of that Guinness advert though I knew the track was
featured on some TV advert. For some reason I thought Guinness were using
Prez Prado's 'Guaglione' in late 1994 (the famous "dancing man" advert).
Guaglione hit the charts in December 1994 only a few weeks after this, so
looks like they were pretty much the same time.

Loved the Scarborough recollection by the way!

James
Chris Brown
2017-11-15 23:46:44 UTC
Post by James Heaton
Post by Robbie
Post by James Heaton
Post by Col
Post by Chris Brown
12. (NE) Louis Armstrong We Have All The Time In The World
From an ad.
Guinness?
Yup. http://youtu.be/6deYNEFi1lc
I have no recollection of that Guinness advert though I knew the track
was featured on some TV advert. For some reason I thought Guinness
were using Prez Prado's 'Guaglione' in late 1994 (the famous "dancing
man" advert).
Guaglione hit the charts in December 1994 only a few weeks after this,
so looks like they were pretty much the same time.
Off the top of my head, I think the Dancing Man advert was made by
Guinness in Ireland at around the same time that their international ad
agency was making much more expensive ads.
Post by James Heaton
Loved the Scarborough recollection by the way!
I liked it too. Possibly the most interesting story I have ever ehard
about Scarborough.

Chris
Rink
2021-05-20 12:42:37 UTC
Post by Col
Post by Chris Brown
Chart dated: 19th November 1994
12.    (NE)    Louis Armstrong    We Have All The Time In The World
From an ad.
Guinness?
Yup.  http://youtu.be/6deYNEFi1lc
James
Wow, is all that in one beer?

James Heaton
2017-11-12 20:07:19 UTC
Post by Chris Brown
[...]
LVIth for me, and November meant Imperial War Museum trip followed by 3hrs
free in central London. Yes folks our teachers really did let a bunch of 16
year olds loose in London for 3hrs without supervision. And guess what, all
of us made it to the rendezvous point, nobody so drunk they were passing
out, we must have been a boring lot! Most dangerous thing I remember doing
on those trips was travelling on a child rate ticket on the tube...
Post by Chris Brown
3. (NE) Baby D Let Me Be Your Fantasy
Sheer bliss. Loved this track, got the album somewhere. Just never fails
to lift a bad mood.
Post by Chris Brown
5. (8) Sheryl Crow All I Wanna Do
Remember the posters for the album being on every station platform in '95
when travelling for interviews.
Post by Chris Brown
12. (NE) Louis Armstrong We Have All The Time In The World
My friend bought this in HMV Oxford St on the trip above!
Post by Chris Brown
19. (NE) Blur End Of A Century
I love Squeeze's version of this, was a b-side to one of their 90s singles.
Post by Chris Brown
48. (42) Edwyn Collins Expressly EP
[A Girl Like You]
Our lass saw him the next year supporting Pulp. Thought he was a bit of an
arse. Hope his recovery is still progressing.
Post by Chris Brown
58. (44) Oasis Cigarettes And Alcohol
I got really into them a couple of releases later. Saw them at CIA in 95
with Manic Street Preachers supporting - think it was their first
post-Richie gig and they wanted to be sure of a friendly audience.
Post by Chris Brown
77. (NE) Good Fello's Do What "U" Like
Isn't this an old Take That song?
Post by Chris Brown
85. (99) Livin' Joy Dreamer
Another euphoric classic
Post by Chris Brown
87. (100) Shampoo Trouble
Didn't realise they were around this early.
Post by Chris Brown
92. (91) Suede We Are The Pigs
Possibly the most jealous I ever felt was when someone my own age joined
them as a guitarist. Even though I played bass... Remember buying their
first album in some ratty little WHS in a small town somewhere near where we
were on hols.

James
Robbie
2017-11-14 15:09:00 UTC
Post by James Heaton
Post by Chris Brown
[...]
I can go one better than that. Back in June or July 1978 our form year
(we were aged 13 and 14) went on a "mystery trip" which turned out to be
a trip to Scarborough. We got there at noon, the teachers headed off in
one direction - the pub probably as they did smell of booze when we met
back up at the rendezvous point at 4pm. And so a bunch of 13 and 14 year
olds were left to wander the streets of Scarborough without any
supervision. Imagine that happening today, there'd be an outcry. And to
prove we were to be trusted we all made it back to the coach on time.
And in typical Robbie fashion, I found an excellent record shop where I
spent an hour looking through all the stock. Unfortunately we were all
limited to bringing just a fiver each with us so I couldn't really buy
much. What strikes me now is how no-one was stopped by the police etc to
enquire what we were doing roaming the streets of Scarborough without
any adult supervision.

A month or two later during the school summer holidays my family went to
Butlins in Filey for a week and we had a day trip to Scarborough. And
yes, I ended up back in the same record shop where if I recall correctly
I bought 'Jilted John' by Jilted John along with a couple of other
singles I've forgotten about!
Post by James Heaton
Post by Chris Brown
3. (NE) Baby D Let Me Be Your Fantasy
Sheer bliss. Loved this track, got the album somewhere. Just never
fails to lift a bad mood.
The lead singer is married to Phil Fearon of Galaxy fame, in case anyone
didn't know.
Post by James Heaton
James
--
------
Robbie
Chris Brown
2017-11-18 21:58:15 UTC
Post by James Heaton
Post by Chris Brown
Playlists are here. One of the tracks was only added to Spotify two
days ago.
https://open.spotify.com/user/nowthats/playlist/3jWqm6mhv7p00r4MCnRKqF
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdiUvgvgpgNphym_Pl772YtNJeqmMhHT0
Chart dated: 19th November 1994
LVIth for me, and November meant Imperial War Museum trip followed by
3hrs free in central London. Yes folks our teachers really did let a
bunch of 16 year olds loose in London for 3hrs without supervision. And
guess what, all of us made it to the rendezvous point, nobody so drunk
they were passing out, we must have been a boring lot!
A little bit like when my GCSE drama class went into town to see the
Scottish Play at the National Theatre. Although we were Londoners anyway.
Post by James Heaton
Most dangerous
thing I remember doing on those trips was travelling on a child rate
ticket on the tube...
They were still paper tickets then weren't they?
Post by James Heaton
Post by Chris Brown
3. (NE) Baby D Let Me Be Your Fantasy
Sheer bliss. Loved this track, got the album somewhere. Just never
fails to lift a bad mood.
My brother had the album, but I'm not sure I've ever listened to it in full.
Post by James Heaton
Post by Chris Brown
5. (8) Sheryl Crow All I Wanna Do
Remember the posters for the album being on every station platform in
'95 when travelling for interviews.
Quite a slow burner that album, IIRC it was originally released in 1993.
I have the 2CD version which I think was from 1995.
Post by James Heaton
Post by Chris Brown
12. (NE) Louis Armstrong We Have All The Time In The World
My friend bought this in HMV Oxford St on the trip above!
I think I bought a car magazine on my trip.
Post by James Heaton
Post by Chris Brown
19. (NE) Blur End Of A Century
I love Squeeze's version of this, was a b-side to one of their 90s singles.
Yep, I have it on the cassette single of 'This Summer'.
I also have the CD single of this, which I think is the only physical
single I have from this chart. And coincidentally I saw another copy in
a charity shop the other day.
Post by James Heaton
Post by Chris Brown
48. (42) Edwyn Collins Expressly EP
[A Girl Like You]
Our lass saw him the next year supporting Pulp. Thought he was a bit of
an arse.
I think he'd probably admit as much.
Post by James Heaton
Hope his recovery is still progressing.
I believe it is.
Post by James Heaton
Post by Chris Brown
58. (44) Oasis Cigarettes And Alcohol
I got really into them a couple of releases later. Saw them at CIA in
95 with Manic Street Preachers supporting - think it was their first
post-Richie gig and they wanted to be sure of a friendly audience.
I think that is right. very rare for the Manics to play as a support act
of course.
Post by James Heaton
Post by Chris Brown
77. (NE) Good Fello's Do What "U" Like
Isn't this an old Take That song?
Different song, I believe.
Apparently Good Fello's were Tall Paul and one of Tin Tin Out.
Post by James Heaton
Post by Chris Brown
85. (99) Livin' Joy Dreamer
Another euphoric classic
And one of a few tracks in this chart that were reissued to much greater
success in 1995.
Post by James Heaton
Post by Chris Brown
87. (100) Shampoo Trouble
Didn't realise they were around this early.
Indeed they were, although arguably their first brush with pop fam was
when they were in that Manic Street Preachers video in 1992.
This was also re-released in 1995 but did less well.
Post by James Heaton
Post by Chris Brown
92. (91) Suede We Are The Pigs
Possibly the most jealous I ever felt was when someone my own age joined
them as a guitarist. Even though I played bass...
It must have been around this time actually, as this was the first
single they released after Bernard Butler left, though of course he is
still on it.
Post by James Heaton
Remember buying
their first album in some ratty little WHS in a small town somewhere
near where we were on hols.
Even big WHS seem small somehow.

Chris
James Heaton
2017-11-19 10:53:15 UTC
Post by Chris Brown
Post by James Heaton
Post by Chris Brown
Playlists are here. One of the tracks was only added to Spotify two
days ago.
https://open.spotify.com/user/nowthats/playlist/3jWqm6mhv7p00r4MCnRKqF
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdiUvgvgpgNphym_Pl772YtNJeqmMhHT0
Chart dated: 19th November 1994
LVIth for me, and November meant Imperial War Museum trip followed by
3hrs free in central London. Yes folks our teachers really did let a
bunch of 16 year olds loose in London for 3hrs without supervision. And
guess what, all of us made it to the rendezvous point, nobody so drunk
they were passing out, we must have been a boring lot!
A little bit like when my GCSE drama class went into town to see the
Scottish Play at the National Theatre. Although we were Londoners anyway.
We were from a group of villages between Cardiff and Pontypridd; was a
fairly major undertaking involving leaving around 7am and returning very
late too. Then into school next day as normal.
Post by Chris Brown
Post by James Heaton
Most dangerous
thing I remember doing on those trips was travelling on a child rate
ticket on the tube...
They were still paper tickets then weren't they?
Oh yes.
Post by Chris Brown
Yep, I have it on the cassette single of 'This Summer'.
I also have the CD single of this, which I think is the only physical
single I have from this chart. And coincidentally I saw another copy in a
charity shop the other day.
Nice one, that's probably what I've got. Picture of an old couple on the
sleeve? Probably still have it but it's in my hoarder's unit
Post by Chris Brown
Post by James Heaton
Post by Chris Brown
92. (91) Suede We Are The Pigs
Possibly the most jealous I ever felt was when someone my own age joined
them as a guitarist. Even though I played bass...
It must have been around this time actually, as this was the first single
they released after Bernard Butler left, though of course he is still on
it.
New Generation was the first one the new guitarist was involved in the
promotion of, but can't remember if he actually played on it.

James
Chris Brown
2017-11-19 17:16:52 UTC
Post by James Heaton
Post by Chris Brown
Post by James Heaton
Post by Chris Brown
[...]
We were able to go in after school, of course. And it was so routine
that I can't even remember how we got there, although I presume we would
have gone by Tube.
It was unusual back then for me to be in central London without family,
but obviously not as much of an event as for people from further away.
Post by James Heaton
Post by Chris Brown
Post by James Heaton
Most dangerous
thing I remember doing on those trips was travelling on a child rate
ticket on the tube...
They were still paper tickets then weren't they?
Oh yes.
I suppose they were the pink ones with the barcodes to put through
ticket barriers by then. I'm not sure if I have any of those left.
Post by James Heaton
Post by Chris Brown
Yep, I have it on the cassette single of 'This Summer'.
I also have the CD single of this, which I think is the only physical
single I have from this chart. And coincidentally I saw another copy
in a charity shop the other day.
Nice one, that's probably what I've got. Picture of an old couple on
the sleeve?
That's the Squeeze single, yes. I think I bought the cassette because it
had four tracks whereas the CDs only had three each, but that wasn't
entirely wise in retrospect.
More recently I acquired one of the CD singles of the re-release as part
of a 3 for 99p deal in Oxfam. It has another version of the same picture.

The Blur single has spaceships on the cover.
Post by Chris Brown
Post by James Heaton
Post by Chris Brown
92. (91) Suede We Are The Pigs
Possibly the most jealous I ever felt was when someone my own age joined
them as a guitarist. Even though I played bass...
It must have been around this time actually, as this was the first
single they released after Bernard Butler left, though of course he is
still on it.
New Generation was the first one the new guitarist was involved in the
promotion of, but can't remember if he actually played on it.
He didn't play on 'New Generation' itself because that was lifted
straight from the album, but he played on the B-sides.

Chris
Chris Brown
2017-11-18 13:05:25 UTC
84. (93) Warren G & Nate Dogg Regulate
Found a helpful synopsis of this song:

"From the soundtrack of the 1994 film Above the Rim. Won MTV Movie award
for Best Song in 1995.
On a cool, clear night (typical to Southern California) Warren G travels
through his neighborhood, searching for women with whom he might
initiate sexual congress. He has chosen to engage in this pursuit alone.
Nate Dogg, having just arrived in the east side of Long Beach, seeks
Warren. On his way to find Warren, Nate passes a car full of women who
are excited to see him. Regardless, he insists to the women that there
is no cause for excitement.
Warren makes a left turn at 21st Street and Lewis Ave, in the East
Hill/Salt Lake neighborhood, where he sees a group of young men enjoying
a game of dice together. He parks his car and greets them. He is excited
to find people to play with, but to his chagrin, he discovers they
intend to relieve him of his material possessions. Once the hopeful
robbers reveal their firearms, Warren realizes he is in a less than
favorable predicament.
Meanwhile, Nate passes the women, as they are low on his list of
priorities. His primary concern is locating Warren. After curtly casting
away the strumpets (whose interest in Nate was such that they crashed
their automobile), he serendipitously stumbles upon his friend, Warren
G, being held up by the young miscreants.
Warren, unaware that Nate is surreptitiously observing the scene unfold,
is in disbelief that he is being robbed. The perpetrators have taken
jewelry and a Rolex Watch from Warren, who is so incredulous that he
asks what else the robbers intend to steal. This is most likely a
rhetorical question.
Observing these unfortunate proceedings, Nate realizes that he may have
to use his firearm to deliver his friend from harm.
The tension crescendos as the robbers point their guns to Warren's head.
Warren senses the gravity of his situation. He cannot believe the events
unfolding could happen in his own neighborhood. As he imagines himself
sprouting wings and making a fantastical escape, he catches a glimpse of
his friend, Nate.
Nate has seventeen cartridges (sixteen residing in the pistol's
magazine, with a solitary round placed in the chamber and ready to be
fired) to expend on the group of robbers. Afterward, he generously
shares the credit for neutralizing the situation with Warren, though it
is clear that Nate did all of the difficult work. Putting
congratulations aside, Nate quickly reminds himself that he has
committed multiple homicides to save Warren before letting his friend
know that there are females nearby if he wishes to fornicate with them.
Warren recalls that it was the promise of copulation that coaxed him
away from his previous activities, and is thankful that Nate knows a way
to satisfy these urges. Nate quickly finds the women who earlier crashed
their car on Nate's account. He remarks to one that he is fond of her
physical appeal. The woman, impressed by Nate's singing ability, asks
that he and Warren allow her and her friends to share transportation.
Soon, both friends are driving with automobiles full of women to the
East Side Motel, presumably to consummate their flirtation in an orgy.
The third verse is more expository, with Warren and Nate explaining
their G Funk musical style. Warren displays his bravado by daring anyone
to approach the style. There follows a brief discussion of the genre's
musicological features, with special care taken to point out that in
said milieu the rhythm is not in fact the rhythm, as one might assume,
but actually the bass. Similarly the bass serves a purpose closer to
that which the treble would in more traditional musical forms. Nate
displays his bravado by claiming that individuals with equivalent
knowledge could not even attempt to approach his level of lyrical
mastery. Nate goes on to note that if any third party smokes as he does,
they would find themselves in a state of intoxication almost daily (from
Nate's other works, it can be inferred that the substance referenced is
marijuana). Nate concludes his delineation of the night by issuing a
threat to "busters," suggesting that he and Warren will further
"regulate" any potential incidents in the future (presumably by engaging
their antagonists with small arms fire)."

https://www.last.fm/music/Warren+G/_/Regulate/+wiki

Chris