OK ma, what's your preference, I hope it's an old chart from 2006
Chris Brown
2021-01-31 12:46:09 UTC
Inevitably after 1966, 1976, 1986 and 1996 I'm posting 2006 this week.
Don't worry, it's a bit too soon to be doing 2016 next week.

Anyway, it turns out I have posted this before, but it was back in 2013,
which was closer to the actual chart date than it is to now. And it was
only the Top 75 anyway so you get an extra 25 tracks, some of which are
actually good. At least you know they'll be better than the Number One
single, which is possibly the worst ever.
Plus we get two consecutive tracks by the same act with
thematically-connected titles.

Playlists are here. Again there's only one track I couldn't find on
either Spotify or YouTube.
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2zqjaqPvNaXRm7hayF4ICC?si=TIBrdg1KRF2CpCqxqz76AQ
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdiUvgvgpgNrOgoODdqm_fPsSv68LdHco

Chart date: 4th Feb 2006

1. (2) Notorious BIG ft Diddy & Nelly Nasty Girl
2. (1) Arctic Monkeys When The Sun Goes Down
3. (4) Beyoncé ft Slim Thug Check On It
4. (8) Hi_Tack Say Say Say (Waiting 4 U)
5. (3) Will Young All Time Love
6. (5) Shayne Ward That's My Goal
7. (6) Nizlopi JCB Song
8. (7) Sunblock I'll Be Ready
9. (30) The Ordinary Boys Boys Will Be Boys
10. (NE) A-Ha Analogue (All I Want)
11. (9) Richard Ashcroft Break The Night With Colour
12. (11) Brian Kennedy & Peter Corry George Best-A Tribute
[Brian Kennedy - You Raise Me Up; Peter Corry - The Long And Winding
Road; Brian Kennedy & Peter Corry - Bring Him Home - Vincent (Medley)]
13. (14) Madonna Hung Up
14. (12) Black Eyed Peas My Humps
15. (NE) Pharrell Williams Angel
16. (NE) Young Jeezy ft Akon Soul Survivor
17. (16) Jose Gonzalez Heartbeats
18. (15) Texas Sleep
19. (18) James Blunt Goodbye My Lover
20. (20) Sugababes Ugly
21. (21) DHT ft Edmee Listen To Your Heart
22. (23) Arctic Monkeys I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
23. (17) Pussycat Dolls Stickwitu
24. (NE) Starsailor This Time
25. (22) Kelly Clarkson Because Of You
26. (19) Eminem When I'm Gone
27. (NE) Protocol Where's The Pleasure?
28. (26) Hard-Fi Cash Machine
29. (10) Son Of Dork Eddie's Song
30. (NE) LMC ft Rachel McFarlane You Get What You Give
31. (25) Tom Novy ft Michael Marshall Your Body
32. (24) Editors Munich
33. (13) Belle & Sebastian Funny Little Frog
34. (27) Pussycat Dolls ft Busta Rhymes Don't Cha
35. (39) Coldplay Talk
36. (29) Simon Webbe No Worries
37. (43) Fall Out Boy Sugar, We're Going Down
38. (33) Kaiser Chiefs I Predict A Riot/Sink That Ship
39. (28) The Kooks You Don't Love Me
40. (NE) Ferry Corsten Fire

41. (35) Kanye West ft Adam Levine Heard 'Em Say
42. (32) Aaron Smith ft Luvli Dancin'
43. (NE) Infadels Can't Get Enough
44. (34) Kanye West ft Jamie Foxx Gold Digger
45. (37) Sugababes Push The Button
46. (42) Daniel Powter Bad Day
47. (40) Hound Dogs I Like Girls
48. (47) Mary J Blige Be Without You
49. (41) James Blunt You're Beautiful
50. (45) Westlife You Raise Me Up
51. (NE) Be Your Own Pet Let's Get Sandy
52. (49) Robbie Williams Advertising Space
53. (NE) Moby Slipping Away
54. (44) Gorillaz Dirty Harry
55. (38) Sway Little Derek
56. (NE) Alex Parks Honesty
57. (51) Herd & Fitz ft Abigail Bailey I Just Can't Get Enough
58. (46) Westlife ft Diana Ross When You Tell Me That You Love Me
59. (52) 50 Cent Window Shopper
60. (54) Hard-Fi Hard To Beat
61. (50) Coldplay Fix You
62. (58) Mylo vs Miami Sound Machine Doctor Pressure
63. (56) Kelly Clarkson Since U Been Gone
64. (61) Bob Sinclar ft Gary Nesta Pine Love Generation
65. (57) Gorillaz Dare
66. (52) Girls Aloud See The Day
67. (31) Test Icicles What's Your Damage
68. (67) Bodyrockers I Like The Way
69. (55) Mariah Carey Don't Forget About Us
70. (64) Craig David Don't Love You No More
71. (72) Oasis Let There Be Love
72. (NE) Porno Music Power
73. (NE) Haji & Emanuel Take Me Away
74. (66) KT Tunstall Suddenly I See
75. (60) The Strokes Juicebox
76. (77) Kaiser Chiefs Everyday I Love You Less And Less
77. (59) Mariah Carey We Belong Together
78. (69) Rihanna If It's Lovin' That You Want
79. (65) Girls Aloud Biology
80. (73) Faithless Insomnia 2005
81. (78) Franz Ferdinand Do You Want To
82. (70) 2Pac ft Elton John Ghetto Gospel
83. (NE) Motorettes Super Heartbeats
84. (76) Hard-Fi Living For The Weekend
85. (62) Mylo ft Freeform Five Muscle Car
86. (71) Sean Paul We Be Burnin'
87. (87) Sean Paul Ever Blazin'
88. (90) Roysopp What Else Is There?
89. (NE) Your Vegas Flybuzz
90. (NE) Cut Copy Going Nowhere
91. (85) Franz Ferdinand Walk Away
92. (87) Pharrell ft Gwen Stefani Can I Have It Like That?
93. (79) Will Young Switch It On
94. (NE) Richard Hawley Just Like The Rain
95. (98) Amerie 1 Thing
96. (94) Kaiser Chiefs Modern Way
97. (84) Robbie Williams Tripping
98. (RE) Phantom Planet California
99. (36) !Forward Russia! Twelve
100.(83) Gorillaz Feel Good Inc

Chris
Vidcapper
2021-02-01 06:58:40 UTC
Post by Chris Brown
Chart date: 4th Feb 2006
7. (6) Nizlopi JCB Song
[...]
The ones I don't remember from this chart are mostly because I actively
avoided them.
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
Chris Brown
2021-02-02 22:18:20 UTC
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Chris Brown
Chart date: 4th Feb 2006
82. (70) 2Pac ft Elton John    Ghetto Gospel
My favourite song by a dead rapper in this chart.
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Chris Brown
83. (NE) Motorettes    Super Heartbeats
TBH I only remembered the name of the band but not the song. And
actually it wasn't what I expected.
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Chris Brown
98. (RE) Phantom Planet    California
The ones I don't remember from this chart are mostly because I actively
avoided them.
Some of which are understandable.

Anyway I have a list of other versions and I don't want to waste it.

4. (8) Hi_Tack Say Say Say (Waiting 4 U) {cover pf the
McCartney/Jackson hit}
8. (7) Sunblock I'll Be Ready {cover of the Baywatch theme}
12. (11) Brian Kennedy & Peter Corry George Best-A Tribute
[Brian Kennedy - You Raise Me Up; {covered by many other acts including
Westlife}
Peter Corry - The Long And Winding Road; {cover of the Beatles song
recorded by many other acts}
Brian Kennedy & Peter Corry - Bring Him Home - Vincent (Medley)
{showtune/cover version}]
13. (14) Madonna Hung Up {samples Abba, as if you didn't know that}
17. (16) Jose Gonzalez Heartbeats {cover of a song by The Knife, this
version well-known from an advert}
21. (21) DHT ft Edmee Listen To Your Heart {cover of the Roxette hit}
30. (NE) LMC ft Rachel McFarlane You Get What You Give {cover of the New
Radicals hit}
35. (39) Coldplay Talk {samples 'Computer Love' by Kraftwerk}
44. (34) Kanye West ft Jamie Foxx Gold Digger {based on 'I Got A Woman'}
50. (45) Westlife You Raise Me Up {covered by name other acts, including
Brian Kennedy}
58. (46) Westlife ft Diana Ross When You Tell Me That You Love Me {cover
of a solo hit by Ross}
62. (58) Mylo vs Miami Sound Machine Doctor Pressure {mash-up of 'Dr
Beat' and 'Drop The Pressure'}
66. (52) Girls Aloud See The Day {cover of the Dee C Lee hit}
73. (NE) Haji & Emanuel Take Me Away {sampled on 'Warrior's Dance' by
the Prodigy}
77. (59) Mariah Carey We Belong Together {includes a quotation from 'If
You Think You're Lonely Now' by Bobby Womack}
82. (70) 2Pac ft Elton John Ghetto Gospel {samples Elton's track 'Indian
Sunset'}

Chris

Robbie
2021-02-02 14:14:15 UTC
Post by Chris Brown
Inevitably after 1966, 1976, 1986 and 1996 I'm posting 2006 this week.
Don't worry, it's a bit too soon to be doing 2016 next week.
Anyway, it turns out I have posted this before, but it was back in 2013,
which was closer to the actual chart date than it is to now. And it was
only the Top 75 anyway so you get an extra 25 tracks, some of which are
actually good. At least you know they'll be better than the Number One
single, which is possibly the worst ever.
Plus we get two consecutive tracks by the same act with
thematically-connected titles.
Playlists are here. Again there's only one track I couldn't find on
either Spotify or YouTube.
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2zqjaqPvNaXRm7hayF4ICC?si=TIBrdg1KRF2CpCqxqz76AQ
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdiUvgvgpgNrOgoODdqm_fPsSv68LdHco
Chart date: 4th Feb 2006
I'm not sure what I remembered of many of these tracks back when you
posted the chart in 2013 but looking down this list there's quite a
number I don't recall now.
Post by Chris Brown
1.   (2) Notorious BIG ft Diddy & Nelly    Nasty Girl
This being one of them. I think I just remember not liking it.
Post by Chris Brown
2.   (1) Arctic Monkeys    When The Sun Goes Down
Not as good as their debut hit but still OK.
Post by Chris Brown
3.   (4) Beyoncé ft Slim Thug    Check On It
Nope, don't recall.
Post by Chris Brown
4.   (8) Hi_Tack    Say Say Say (Waiting 4 U)
I assume this is something to do with Macca and Jacko's 1983 hit?
Post by Chris Brown
5.   (3) Will Young    All Time Love
Vaguely recall. A bit dull if I remember.
Post by Chris Brown
6.   (5) Shayne Ward    That's My Goal
The archetypal X-Factor winner's song. Entered at the top with an
astonishing 742,000 sales if I recall. Bland song.
Post by Chris Brown
7.   (6) Nizlopi    JCB Song
This one hung around the top 10 for far longer than I recall, including
4 weeks at number 2 after its sole week at the top. I think I used to
veer between liking this song and finding it a bit annoying. I think it
may best be described as being "cute".
Post by Chris Brown
8.   (7) Sunblock    I'll Be Ready
Nope, no recall.
Post by Chris Brown
9.  (30) The Ordinary Boys    Boys Will Be Boys
Did this climb after Preston appeared on Celbrity Big Brother. Decentish
throwback ska song.
Post by Chris Brown
10. (NE) A-Ha    Analogue (All I Want)
I remember it charting but don't remember the song.
Post by Chris Brown
11.  (9) Richard Ashcroft    Break The Night With Colour
Decent effort by the fomrer Verve lead singer.
Post by Chris Brown
12. (11) Brian Kennedy & Peter Corry    George Best-A Tribute
[Brian Kennedy - You Raise Me Up; Peter Corry - The Long And Winding
Road; Brian Kennedy & Peter Corry - Bring Him Home - Vincent (Medley)]
This had quite a lengthy chart run for a tribute song including climbing
to its peak position (of #4). A gifted footballer who ultimately wasted
his talent.
Post by Chris Brown
13. (14) Madonna    Hung Up
Possibly her last decent single.
Post by Chris Brown
14. (12) Black Eyed Peas    My Humps
A very silly song.
Post by Chris Brown
15. (NE) Pharrell Williams    Angel
16. (NE) Young Jeezy ft Akon    Soul Survivor
No recall.
Post by Chris Brown
17. (16) Jose Gonzalez    Heartbeats
Decent song.
Post by Chris Brown
18. (15) Texas    Sleep
I forgot they had a 2005/6 comeback. Forgettable song.
Post by Chris Brown
19. (18) James Blunt    Goodbye My Lover
Not very good.
Post by Chris Brown
20. (20) Sugababes    Ugly
I quite liked this one. In fact I quite like a few Sugababes songs.
Post by Chris Brown
    Chris